lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

Yulia Efimova (European and world champion in breaststroke tests)

These days it is fighting the Russian Championship in swimming, where swimmers are fighting for a place for the next swimming world long to be held in Shanghai. Yulia Efimova, European and world champion in breaststroke tests returns home after starting in February with a new stage training in the United States. Translate an interview conducted a few days ago Boris Titov for the newspaper Izvestia.
 
How and when do you decide where to go training in the U.S.? A year ago I seriously considered going to train abroad. I thought in Italy, USA and Australia where there are very strong training groups worldwide. Initially I opted for Sydney where he also studied my older sister but finally chose the American Swimming Club Troy University of Southern California where they have been world champions.
 
And how did your coach, Irina Vyatchanin, and the Russian Federation? The Federation fully understood my reasons and I helped with the funds necessary to make the project a reality. I appreciate the work of my coach then helped me to get very far but there came a time when I tired to make a very drab and train with a group that was not very competitive. To make a qualitative leap must be surrounded by a competitive environment.
 
Did they get what they wanted? And how! I'm one of the most respected coaches in America, Dave Salo, and I'm with a group of world class with world and Olympic champions as Oussama Melloulli, Rebecca Soni, Markus Rogan, Jessica Hardy, among others.
 
Were you well received? Everyone has been very kind to me, although the language in these two months have been a major barrier. I understand well what I say but I can hardly yet speak in English correctly.
 
What are the differences between the training of USA and Russia? The variety of training and work intensity. In these two months have never repeated training and exercises are always fun. Sometimes swimming with a plays volleyball, in others in a pool of bubbles and rapidly changing series but also ended up doing many meters.
 
How much training, has had the opportunity to learn about the city? Of course, I have not stopped for a moment of time I've had. I've been on the ride of the star at Universal Studios, the beach, Disneyland, Santa Barbara, etc.
 
Are you thinking about studying at the university? Language is a problem at the moment, I think it postpones the studies until autumn next year and focus on preparing for the Olympic Games in London.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario